In 2018, the AFY will unveil its new Recognition Program to thank and honour those persons or groups who contribute to the development and outreach of the Yukon francophonie. Awards will be presented annually in two categories, namely, Exceptional commitment and Volunteer of the Year.
• The artisan must reside in the Yukon for at least five years.
• The work produced must be original (without content protected by copyright or from an earlier work by the artist or third parties) and exclusive to AFY.
• The work must be easily reproducible in order to ensure the sustainability of the trophy over time.
• The trophy must be made in blown glass or in wood.
• It must reflect the spirit of community and the vitality that characterize the Franco-Yukon.
• The work must rest on a rectangular base (to be supplied by the artisan), be single-coloured and have dimensions not exceeding 4 x 4 x 2 centimetres. The colour remains at the discretion of the artisan for uniformity of style.
• A place must be provided on the base for the apposition of a name plate (2.5 x 1 centimetres).
• The trophy, including the base, must not exceed 20 centimetres in height.
• Initial order: 10 units.
Every application must include:
• A portfolio presenting the proposed creation (illustrations, dimensions, colours...) and the artisan's ability to carry out the project.
• A schedule that includes the design, creation and production phases and their respective timeframes.
• A detailed budget for each phase of the schedule, comprising all the resources required for the creation of the trophy.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: SUNDAY, AUGUST 27, 2017, 5:00 PM (PST)
Proposals may be submitted at the reception of the Centre de la francophonie building or mailed to the following address:
To the attention of Kelly Tabuteau
302 Strickland Street
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2K1
867-668-2663, Ext. 434